Al Dhafra Insurance Company P.S.C. is a Public Shareholding Company entirely owned by the U.A.E. nationals. It is incorporated in Abu Dhabi by Emiri Decree No. 8 of 1979 and registered under the provisions of The UAE Insurance Law (Federal Law No. (6) of 2007 enacted in February 2007).
The Company’s Authorized Capital is Dhs.100 Million. Paid-up Capital is Dhs.100 Million. Shareholders’ Equity is Dhs.290 Million as at 31/12/2015. The total number of employees is 173. The Company is committed to best management practices to achieve all-round excellence. The company has been rated as BBBpi (good) by Standard and Poor’s.
The Company is recording consistent growth in production. The total premium written during the year 2015 was Dhs. 354 Million
The Company’s Head Office is situated in Abu Dhabi and has branch offices in the U.A.E. at Dubai, Sharjah, Al Ain and Bida Zayed. Company’s business operation is fully automated, branches and sales offices are connected on-line with Head Office for fast and efficient customer service. Company has on-line sales offices in most of the Immigration offices and Traffic offices across the country.
Al Dhafra has reinsurance association only with the world’s top class Reinsurers in Germany, U.K., Switzerland, Italy and other European countries and also has business relationship with the top class International Insurance and Reinsurance Brokers all over the world.
Some of our major corporate clients are:
- Finance Department, Government of Abu Dhabi
- ADNOC and Group Companies
- Abu Dhabi Aviation
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi
- Central Bank of UAE
- Royal Group, Abu Dhabi
- International Petroleum Construction Co.
- Emirates Steel Industries
- General Industry Corporation
- Sawaeed Employment LLC
- Agthia Group
- Ghantoot Group
- Woongjin Development
- Securiguard Middle East LLC.
- Arab Monetary Fund
- Ministry of Interior
- Arabian Construction Company
- Nexans France
- Al Jaber Group
- Dhabi Contracting
- Bin Hafeez General Contracting Co.
- Noukri Recruitment LLC
Some of the major multibillion projects insured by the Company are:
- Umm Al Quwain General Hospital .
- Amwaj Towers Project at Umm Al Quwain .
- “BOULEVARD” Residential Building (Tower “A” & “B”)
- Dubai Mixed Use Development .
- Shams Abu Dhabi Tower, Al Reem Island .
- Al Nagfa Mall, Al Ain .
- Towers of Gate District Shams, Abu Dhabi
- Al Falah Community Development Construction of 2080 Villas .
Al Dhafra is a direct Insurer in the U.A.E. market, underwriting both Life and Non-Life business and is recognized by the Government of the Abu Dhabi for Government insurance purposes. The major classes of business underwritten by the Company are:
- Fire & General Accident;
- Contract Works and Contractor’s Plant & Equipment;
- Electronic Equipment & Machinery Breakdown;
- Workmen’s Compensation & Employer’s Liability;
- Public Liability, Medical Malpractice and other Professional Indemnity risks;
- Marine Cargo, Marine Hull & Pleasure Craft;
- Oil & Gas on and offshore operations;
- Personal Accident, Medical & Life; Visit visa and House maid policies .
Our Solid Growth and Performance
|Particulars||Year ’2010||Year ’2011||Year ’2012||Year ’2013||Year ’2014||Year ’2015|
|Paid Up Capital||75,000,000||90,000,000||100,000,000||100,000,000||100,000,000||100,000,000|