If you have any questions regarding our use of your Personal Information you can e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Compliance officer, Al Dhafra Insurance Company PSC Company Building, Zayed The First Street, P.O. Box 319, Abu Dhabi, UAE; Fax Number: +971 2 6729833.
Personal Information we collect:
- Information enabling us to provide products and services
Location and identification of property insured (For example, property address, vehicle license plate or identification number); travel plans; age categories of individuals you wish to insure; policy and claim numbers; coverage/peril details; cause of loss; prior accident or loss history; your status as director or partner, or other ownership or management interest in an organization; and other insurance you hold.
- General identification and contact information
Your name; address; e-mail and telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date of birth; passwords; educational background; physical attributes; activity records, such as driving records; photos; employment history, skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; relationship to the policyholder, insured or claimant; and date and cause of death, injury or disability.
- Identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies
Emirates ID or insurance number; passport number; tax identification number; military identification number; or driver’s or other license number.
- Financial information and account details
Payment card number; bank account number and account details; credit history and credit score; assets; income; and other financial information.
- Medical condition and health status
Current or former physical or mental or medical condition; health status; injury or disability information; medical procedures performed; personal habits (for example, smoking or consumption of alcohol); prescription information; and medical history.
- Marketing preferences and customer feedback
You may let us know your marketing preferences, enter a contest or prize draw or other sales promotion, or respond to a voluntary customer satisfaction survey.
- Other sensitive information
In certain cases, we may receive sensitive information about your trade union membership, religious beliefs, political opinions, family medical history or genetic information (for example, if you apply for insurance through a third-party marketing partner that is a trade, religious or political organization). In addition, we may obtain information about your criminal record or civil litigation history in the process of preventing, detecting and investigating fraud. We may also obtain sensitive information if you voluntarily provide it to us (for example, if you express preferences regarding medical treatment based on your religious beliefs).
Use of Personal Information:
We use your Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business.
- Make decisions about whether to provide insurance; provide insurance and assistance services, including claim assessment, processing and settlement; and, where applicable, manage claim disputes.
- Assess your eligibility for payment plans, and process your premium and other payments.
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the Site and other administrative information.
- Provide improved quality, training and security (for example, with respect to recorded or monitored phone calls to our contact numbers).
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money laundering, and analyze and manage other commercial risks.
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys.
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners) in accordance with preferences you have expressed.
- Personalize your experience on the Site by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you.
- Identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these carefully.
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management.
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or insurance business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
Sharing and Transfer of Personal Information:
AL DHAFRA INSURANCE COMPANY may share or transfer Personal Information to:
- Our Reinsurers
Due to the nature of our business, for the purposes set out above we may share or transfer Personal Information to our Reinsurers located in other countries. Other countries may have a different data protection regime than is found in the country where we are based.
With regard to processing of your personal data by our European Reinsurers, pleas find below further information on the respective reinsurer, in accordance with Article 14 of European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- R+V Versicherung AG : please access http://www.gdpr.ruv.de
- Our group companies
AL DHAFRA INSURANCE COMPANY is responsible for the management and security of jointly used Personal Information. Access to Personal Information within AL DHAFRA INSURANCE COMPANY is restricted to those individuals who have a need to access the information for our business purposes.
- Other insurance and distribution parties
In the course of marketing and providing insurance, and processing claims, AL DHAFRA INSURANCE COMPANY may make Personal Information available to third parties such as other insurers; reinsurers; insurance and reinsurance brokers and other intermediaries and agents; appointed representatives; distributors; affinity marketing partners; and financial institutions, securities firms and other business partners.
- Our service providers
External third-party service providers, such as medical professionals, accountants, actuaries, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; travel and medical assistance providers; call center service providers; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; banks and financial institutions that service our accounts; third-party claim administrators; document and records management providers; claim investigators and adjusters; construction consultants; engineers; examiners; jury consultants; translators; and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
- Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
AL DHAFRA INSURANCE COMPANY may also share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
(a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
(b) to comply with legal process;
(c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
(d) to enforce our terms and conditions;
(e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies;
(f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and
(g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
- Other Third Parties
We may share Personal Information with payees; emergency providers (fire, police and medical emergency services); retailers; medical networks, organizations and providers; travel carriers; credit bureaus; credit reporting agencies; and other people involved in an incident that is the subject of a claim; as well as purchasers and prospective purchasers or other parties in any actual or proposed reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other transaction relating to all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
Retention of Personal Information:
No Warranties on Security of Personal Data:
AL DHAFRA INSURANCE COMPANY will take appropriate technical, physical, legal and organizational measures, which are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. However, data transmission over the Internet or data storage system cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and any inward transmission of data is carried out at your own risk.
AL DHAFRA INSURANCE COMPANY does not warrant that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment and for undertaking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties. The user assumes the entire cost of all necessary maintenance, repair or correction.
We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with the site. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Information you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us.
Use of Site by Minors:
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Third Party Website:
We are not responsible for the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site to which this Site contains a link. The inclusion of a link on the Site does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us or by our group companies.
You should be aware that any telephone calls made to us may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes and to assist us in preventing and detecting fraud. Therefore, your use of this means of communication means that you accept and consent to this.
Please do not send us any personal data if you do not want that information to be used by us in this manner.
In no event shall AL DHAFRA INSURANCE COMPANY, nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, be liable to any party for any cost or damages, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the access or use of, or the inability to access or use AL DHAFRA INSURANCE COMPANY website or any of its functions or features, including in connection with any browsing or downloading of any information, data, text, images, or other material accessible through AL DHAFRA INSURANCE COMPANY website or any website linked to or linking into AL DHAFRA INSURANCE COMPANY website.
It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, reliability and usefulness of any opinions, services or other information provided. All information provided on our website is under the condition and understanding of it not being interpreted or relied on as legal, accounting, tax, financial, investment or other professional advice, or as advice on specific facts or matters. Accordingly, no liability whatsoever is assumed for any use or misuse of such information. Users of our website should consult their professional advisors with respect to their personal circumstances.